Thursday, August 4, 2011

Soon to be in the Arctic North . . .

Countdown to Flagstaff-five days. Money in checking account-$64.00. Mood-slightly freaking out/excited. Can we survive these next few weeks? I know that we will. We've been paying our tithing, praying really hard, and still feel good about the move. This is the first time in my life that our family (not including Jack, poor man) has not had health insurance. Anything could happen to us, anything, and we would be up a creek, if you know what I mean. I'm still paying off bills from Kizzie's birth (hello airflight to Phoenix), and am soon to be making $450.00 a month. I just love that Arizona DES said that I make too much money to qualify for ACCHS (Arizona version of Medicaid). It chaps my butt that I've been paying into medicaid for years and now when we really really need it, they've denied us. Stinky government! I'm not going to be negative, I promise, but it's times like these when I wish that I lived in Canada. Really, it's only in times like these because I think that I would freeze my keester off up there, and aside from being the home of Anne of Green Gables there's not much up there to interest me. Well, I'll drown my anxiety in homemade granola bars. Yumm.

No comments: