Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An Ode to Mommy!
















Today was my mother's 60th birthday and she spent it just like she wanted: reading in bed and eating chocolate. Did I ever tell you that we are very much alike? After speaking with her this morning she gave me the run down of her breakfast. (Birthday breakfasts were always a big deal in our house because we got to pick out our favorite cereal and get breakfast in bed) Don't know if Mom ate hers in bed, but she had some sort of chocolate ganache cake, hot chocolate, diet coke, and a bowl of Banana Nut Crunch--her fav cereal. Wow, I think that I just went into sugar shock just typing that . . .

Given that this is such a milestone and I love my mother to pieces, here are some of the things that I absolutely love about her--


--She loves to read as much as I do. Many happy memories snuggling on my parents bed with my mom and both of us reading a good novel.

--She birthed me. Did I mention that she did it without drugs? God bless epidurals is my cop out.


--She is an amazing singer and pianist. All of those good music genes were passed on to me. Or should I say forced on me? (Don't worry mom, you know that I'm kidding)


--She makes mean pasta. To quote my husband, "It will make your tongue jump out of your mouth and slap you bald headed!" I will never forget our Christmas in Hattiesburg of homemade raviolis and baked chicken.

--She taught me the way of the sewing machine. Think over twenty years of homemade Easter and Christmas outfits for me and my sis. And it's still going for the next generation.


--Most of all, she just LOVES me. Being a mommy is tough, and she has always been my biggest cheerleader and example. I LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!!



Ps--The pictures above of mom and me are proof that Kizzie actually looks like me.



No comments: