Friday, April 3, 2009

I need a Mommy hug!


I will never get over how even though I'm almost 27 years old and have my own baby, I still need a hug and loves from my own mommy. She just had surgery this past week to get her galbladder taken out and I have been worried about her. I would love to be there to wait on her hand and foot like she used to do for me when I was sick as a little girl. She always used to make me some hot tea, rub Vicks on my chest, and tuck me into the couch to watch AMC. Sometimes, she would even make me some chicken soup to soothe my sore throat. I'll never forget when I was in high school and I had my wisdom teeth taken out. She fed me frostys, and taped frozen peas to my head so that I would feel better. I hope that I help Max as much as mom helped me. Sometimes it's really hard to be so far away from my family. Maybe someday we will be close enough so that I can take care of her when she is sick, and she can give me a good mom hug when I have a rough day and want to sell my 5th graders to the circus. . . sigh.




2 comments:

Amy said...

So true...so true....

Lynley said...

Giuli,

you're so right on. i'm glad that i'm home right now to fill my mommy-hug deprivation.

it's amazing how much you miss affection when you don't get it as often as you once did.

hugs from you aren't bad either..

:O)