Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Begrudgingly going to work in a winter wonterland . . .

Here's a link to our weather story. And the picture above is what the mountains looked like yesterday. I'll give you an update as to what they look like today!!!!!


Okay, last night when we went to bed, Max and I prayed for a snow day, because we've had a winter storm warning. When we woke up this morning to let the dogs out, there was a serene blanket of white snow and there were snowflakes swirling around. Bruce took one look and backed up into the house, and Max just went "Woooow". He was trying to go play in the snow in his pyjamas, so we bundled him up and he went outside with Jack to check it out. Jack said he just kept saying over and over, "Oh Man!" and he laughed his head off when daddy threw snowballs at Mama behind the window. The good and really cool news, we had about 5 inches in our yard. The really depressing news, I still had to go to school today. Our superintendant is from Alaska, so chances of a snow day were pretty slim. Snif. Our kids today (the ones that showed up anyway) are just itching to play in it, so I am going to do a science experiment with snow inside of recorders. I'll give you an update later. And post the pictures. I heard that it even snowed in Tucson! CRAZY!!!!! I'm just southern enough to get all giddy when it snows, and right now, I wish that I was having a snowball fight and making snow angels!!!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh I wish I got all giddy when it snowed! I guess living in Northern Utah there is so much that it NEVER LEAVES! ;)