Monday, February 6, 2012

I'm having a cow!

We had a horrible event this morning. While riding the campus bus home from dropping Max off at school, I tripped on the last step of the bus at my stop and fell on the ground--while carrying Kiz on my back in the backpack. I rolled slow motion-like and then heard a thud as her little head hit the concrete. I had a passerby help take her out so that I could assess the damage, and blood was running out of her nose. I will admit something. I have absolutely no calm when it comes to emergency situations and my babies. I sprinted up the hill to the house and then hyperventilated and cried uncontrollably for several minutes while I tried to clean it up and figure out what was going on. Luckily she just has a little skinned nose and will probably have a nasty bruise tomorrow. Now I can't shake off the guilt that I'm the worst mother in the world. I know that my clutziness was not intentional, but it still sucks! I wish that I had a harry potter wand to magically erase her boo boo.


2 comments:

Kara and Theo said...

I've learned the hard way that babies bounce. It happens to all of us. I can't tell you how many times my kids have gotten hurt as a result of my clumsiness, or even just mommy fog induced neglect. I know it sucks when it does happen, but just be thankful she is okay and she will heal.

Giuli said...

Thanks for your encouraging words. I still feel bad every time I look at her little scabbed up nose, but she's still smiling at me and loves me.