Monday, April 18, 2011

Twiddling my thumbs

Here are my stats so far:

Number of girlie movies watched 1
Number of quick read mystery novels read 2
Number of times I've been at the hospital 2
Number of babies born 0

Whew! After two false alarms and getting Jack's hopes up, Kizzie's still not here. The good news is that (according to the nurse) when I actually start to "really" go into labor, it will probably progress pretty fast. I personally object to the term "false" labor. It hurts just as bad as real contractions, makes me want to throw up, and gets my hopes up. Good thing I'm not the only mom that comes into labor and delivery and then has to get sent home. The contractions I had yesterday, although not consistent and not moving things along, were hurting pretty bad. My doctor gave me a prescription for Ambien so that I could get a good night's sleep and my body could still do it's thing. I've never taken sleeping pills before. Let's just say that it's a good thing that I waited to take it until I was home, or mom would have had to carry me out of the car. I slept really, really hard. I even probably drooled on myself, but didn't notice it when I woke up. I hope and pray that Kizzie comes soon. I miss my husband and my crazy son.

No comments: